The area treated may show redness and swelling and that the color looks dark and intense – this is normal.
Additional treatments cannot be done until the area has completely healed. A 4/6 week healing time is required before any more work can be done.
In order to let your brows heal well, avoid water on the brow area, make up to the brow area, the gym, sauna or pool for 7 days.
Once the area has healed completely, approximately one week, consider using a waterproof total sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the color fading.
Strong chemicals or glycolic acid/peels of any kind may cause the pigment to lighten. Always telephone and check with your consultant if in any doubt.
Do not pick or pull at the treated area as it will result in pigment loss. You will go through three healing phases: 1-heal, 2-peel and 3-fade
You may notice whiteness or blanching around the area, this is quite normal and will subside within 12 hours. If you find any lymphatic fluid or blood weeping you can gently clean the area with saline, cool boiled water and gauze, blotting gently dry to remove any moisture.
With clean hands and a cotton bud apply a fine layer of healing balm to the treated area. Repeat this procedure up to 3 times a day if the area feels tight.
After the fine scabbing has sloughed away you will see a different hue to the color implanted.
- Giving Blood – The Red Cross have suggested that you do not give blood for 6 months following treatment.
- MRI Scans – This procedure shows up as an artifact on the scan. Some clients may experience a tingling sensation. Please notify your radiologist.
- Injectables – Dermal fillers and Botox can alter the shape of the eyebrows. The client should be advised that injectables should be carried out after a microblading procedure and not prior.
- Laser /Pulsed Light – Laser or pulsed light hair removal or skin rejuvenation treatments can cause color change – it is important to advise the therapist that you have had Microblading procedure as this cannot be rectified with another Microblading procedure.
- Color Refreshing – To keep your new brows looking at their best it is recommended that you have a color refresh procedure every 12-18 months.